Requirements for Contract Providers

Child Care Licensing and Registration Requirements for Contract Providers

To become a contract child provider for the Cherokee Nation, a provider must submit an application in person to a Licensing Caseworker in one of the sub or field offices. An on-site inspection will be made before a facility is approved. Periodic monitoring visits will be made to insure continued quality of service and compliance.

Licensed Child Care Centers and Child Care Homes must be currently licensed by the Oklahoma Department of Human Services. Cherokee Nation requires the provider complete the following documentation:

  • Completed application and a signed agreement form
  • IRS W-9 form as an independent contractor
  • Declaration of prior criminal convictions
  • Authorization for OSBI background check and a $19.00 fee
  • Oklahoma DHS Child Care License
Registered Family Child Care Homes are exempt from state DHS licensing and inspection, but must meet the tribe's standards of operation and quality of service. Registered providers, known as exempt relative providers, must be a member of a child's immediate family, such as, a grandparent, aunt, uncle, or older adult sibling not living in the child's home. Documentation for contracting is the same as for licensed facilities.


Title Modified Date Size
Provider Orientation PowerPoint-revised Jan. 2018 2/1/2018 342.42 KB